Prospect.io is a fast growing startup based in Wavre, Belgium. We help 1200+ companies worldwide to grow with our sales automation platform. After 4 years of business, we are now a team of 13 people, the company is profitable and we have very high expectations for 2020!
As a proof of our ambition, we want to double the size of our dev team in 2020, going from 5 to 10 developers. This will allow us to quickly ship a bunch of exiting features we have into our backlog.
From a technological point of view, we have a single-page app built with Ember.js that consumes an API-only Ruby on Rails server that interacts with many third-party APIs. But also a top-notch Google Chrome extension and many other supporting in-house apps. In other words: a bunch of exciting technologies and challenges.
To know more about how we develop products and features at Prospect.io, make sure to check our dev playbook.
What will be my mission?
- You will join a project aiming to change how sales people work. We deeply believe that sales processes can be dramatically improved. As a member of our team, you will help small and medium businesses to find new customers by automating the repetitive parts of their job.
- Your will take part in the development of the platform: the frontend as well as the backend. In the first instance, you will familiarise with our stack (Rails and Ember), the tools we use and APIs we consume. You will practice these tools on a daily basis by coding client-side and server-side. You will discuss software architecture, define best coding practices, review commits, propose new technologies that are able to tackle challenges we will face. You will deploy your code on production servers from day one.
- You will evolve in a startup environment. You will be part of a strong team who like to share ideas, chat and have fun together.
- Last but not least, you will join a team that loves beautiful and user-friendly products. Prospect.io was founded by technical guys who have SaaS product development in their DNA. In everything we do, we do our best to deliver high quality user experience and robust software.
What do I need?
- You have made side-projects / pieces of code / open-source projects related to web development
- You have experience with an OO programming language
- You are experienced as a web developer (front-end and/or backend)
- You are a problem solver and you like to understand how things work
- You are fluent in english
- You contribute to open-source projects
- You have experience with Ruby and Rails
- You have experience with Ember
- You have a deep knowledge of PostgreSQL
- You have experience with scaling a large application
- You are fluent in french
What we offer?
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- A MacBook Pro laptop
- A fulfilling and challenging work experience
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers ;)
- Up to 3 remote working days/week
- An exciting job in a true startup environment
- A great office in Wavre (20 minutes from Brussels)
- Flexible hours
- A team retreat every year (Barcelona, Athens and Tuscany so far)
- A team restaurant almost every month (yes, we love food)
- Customers First
- No Bullshit
- Think Outside The Box
- Make Mistakes
- Be Lazy
- Only "No Ego" Doers
- The Devil is in the Detail
- Keep It Simple
- Freedom & Responsibility
- Have Fun & Be Happy
The best way to understand our values is to check our culture deck.
Minimum 2 days per week at our awesome office in Wavre (Belgium). Work the other days of the week wherever you want.